Central PA's LGBT News Source
The Central Voice recently won four prestigious awards in the 2019 Pennsylvania News Media Association Foundation Advertising Contest. Press And Journal Publications, CV's parent company, also publishes the community weekly, Press & Journal, which won four awards.
The contest recognizes advertising departments across Pennsylvania that “continue to produce outstanding printed and digital classified and display ads, campaigns, and special publications and efforts worthy of much recognition,” according to the foundation.
Both publications competed in Division IV.
Press And Journal Publications' newspapers took four first-place awards.
• Best Automotive/Transportation Ad, The Central Voice; Lancaster Dodge Ram FIAT.
• Best Real Estate/Builders/Renters Ad, The Central Voice; Howard Hanna Real Estate, agent Rob Biancuzzo.
• Self-Promotion Advertising, The Central Voice; Promotional House Ad.
• Best Business Building Idea, Press & Journal; Press & Journal Big Buck Contest.
The second-place awards were for:
• Ad Campaign or Series, The Central Voice, Art Association of Harrisburg.
• Self-Promotion Advertising, Press & Journal; What's On Press: Penn State (Harrisburg) Guide.
• Best Single Ad, Press & Journal; Fager-Finkenbinder Funeral Home & Crematory.
One honorable mention went to the Press & Journal for Ad Campaign or Series; Middletown Strites’ Orchard
Judges considered the objective, strategy, and result as well as design and attractiveness for all ads.
In 2018 The Central Voice received second place for Newspaper of the Year in Division IV and won the General Excellence Award. CV also took first place awards in Advertising Excellence, Diversity and Community Service.